Scholarships for the CFA Program are available on a limited basis both through CFA Institute local member societies and directly from CFA Institute.
CFA Society The Bahamas is pleased to announce the availability of the following scholarships:
Applications are now being accepted for all three levels of the
2018 CFA exams (June and December) under the Access Scholarship Program, which
is based on financial need. The deadline to apply is 15 September 2017.
For more information and to apply, please click here. Take careful
note of the official rules, including the stipulations that you cannot register for the exam before applying for an Access Scholarship and that applicants are ineligible if their current employer provides any financial assistance for participation in the CFA Program.
Applicants will be required to submit two letters of reference (at least one of which should be academic or professional) directly to CFA Society of The Bahamas. Further details regarding this requirement will be sent to applicants shortly after 15 September 2017.
Applications are now being accepted for all three levels of the 2018 CFA exams (June and December) under the Awareness Scholarship Program, which is merit or role-based for qualified applicants in the media, academic, and financial communities. Scholarships are available for the following groups:
- Regulators – Scholarship opportunities are available to full-time, qualified employees of entities that supervise or regulate the operations, standards of practice or business conduct of the investment management industry such as the Central Bank of The Bahamas and Securities Commission of The Bahamas.
- Women – This dynamic new program is designed for women around the world who are interested in pursuing the CFA® charter. The Women's Scholarship Program offers additional opportunities for women who would not otherwise qualify for an existing CFA Institute Scholarship Program.
- Students – Student scholarships are awarded through universities and colleges participating in the CFA Program Partners initiative or the University Recognition Program.
- Professors – Full-time college or university professors who teach a minimum of six credit hours per quarter or semester or administrators/department heads who teach three hours per quarter or semester at one university are eligible. The university must offer a bachelor's degree (or equivalent) or higher.
- Media – Scholarship opportunities are available to eligible, full-time employees of media organizations who communicate and distribute financial news, data, and education around the world.
These scholarships are offered globally on a first-come, first-served basis so time is of the essence in applying. The application deadlines vary so please visit here for more information and to apply, Interested candidates should also review the official rules.