Potential Interview Questions for an Investment Position
- Why you are interested in this Company?
- Why you are interested in this position?
- What type of investor are you? Growth, Value, other?
- What type of firm or environment do you prefer to work in?
- What motivates you?
- Do you prefer to work in a team or individually?
- Give me an example of a setback and how you handled it?
- Do you want to be a generalist or an industry specialist?
- How would you manage your priorities or time if you worked here?
- From what you know about our company and this position, what do you think are the positives and negatives?
- What kind of experience do you have in equity research?
- Can you walk me through a company that you recommended?
- Walk me through your framework or process in analyzing an investment?
- What do you look for in analyzing a company?
- Where do you get your information when researching a company?
- What could be potential red flags? How do you find accounting fraud?
- Can you talk about an investment that worked out well?
- Can you talk about an investment that didn't work out?
- What questions do you ask management?