To engage a Houston Society member to serve as your Professional Reference, please adhere to the following steps:
- Prepare a resume including your current job title / position, or other descriptive information about your current and previous job positions along with your candidate / ID number (which you will receive after applying online).
- Sign on to CFA Institute website (www.cfainstitute.org) to register and apply for membership. You will receive an email from CFA Institute containing a link to the reference submission tool.
- When you receive the CFA Institute email response with the reference’s submission link, email or call the reference to inquire if they are willing to serve as your reference.
Please do not contact potential references until after you have completed steps # 1 and # 2 above. This simplifies the process and prevents any unforeseen delays.
- Forward the received CFA Institute email with the link to the Reference attaching your resume for his / her use.
- References can then review your information and respond directly and efficiently with CFAI.
Your assistance in the above steps is very much appreciated and should help ensure timely processing.
If you do not received a response from the individuals below, please contact Office@cfahouston.org or call 713.877.1838.
The following people have volunteered to act as professional references for new members:
Myra Mayer, CFA
Oppenheimer & Co.
711 Louisiana Street, Suite 1500
Houston, TX 77002
Joseph T. Dabney III, CFA, CIPM
Dabney Investment Consulting Associates, Inc.
130 Rainbow Drive #3040
Livingston, TX 77399-1030
Natalie Kassenyeva, CFA, PRM
201 Helios Way, Ste. 4.239B
Houston, TX 77079
George Douglas, CFA, CMT
EVP Trust Services
2800 Post Oak Blvd, Suite 3400
Houston, TX 77056T.
Your Professional Reference is responsible for:
- Signing into the CFA Institute sponsor page that you have been emailed using your CFA login. If you do not have a username/password, you must
create one, then return to the emailed link.
- Selecting either "Supervisor" or "Other" to identify relationship to the applicant.
- Identifying the applicant whom you are sponsoring by entering the individual's email address.
- Completing the four reference questions.
- If a reference is contacted by an applicant who does not have a reference email to forward from CFA Institute, the reference may advise the applicant to contact CFA Institute (email@example.com) to have the reference email re-sent. Please note that the reference email from CFA Institute is automatically generated once the applicant begins the online application process.