To apply for membership of CFA Society Istanbul, read the Invitation Letter, and complete and return themembership form to the address stated on the invitation letter.
Each applicant requires sponsorship by the applicant's supervisor and two (2) regular members of the member society in good standing — at least one of whom is employed by a different firm than the applicant. Each regular member of the society is also a regular member of CFA Institute.
Contact our membership committee for more information.
- Brand new members – click here to join CFA Institute and your local society.
- Already a member of CFA Institute – click here to join your local society.
- Not in the CFA Program but would like to apply for membership – click here to join CFA Institute and your local society.
Each applicant for Affiliate membership of a member society is required to:
- Sign and submit a CFA Institute Member's Agreement, a CFA Institute Professional Conduct Statement, and any additional documentation requested by CFA Institute
- Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited academic institution or have equivalent education
- Have one year of relevant investment experience
- Fulfill such other requirements as the society may impose consistent with requirements established by CFA Institute
- Be accepted by CFA Institute as an Affiliate member
- Be sponsored by the applicant's supervisor and two (2) regular members of the member society in good standing — at least one of whom is employed by a different firm than the applicant.
To qualify to become a Retired member of the society, each individual shall:
- Be a member of the society at the time of application for retired status
- Have been a member of CFA Institute for five years
- No longer be substantially engaged in the investment decision-making process for compensation
- Agree to the following:
- Notify CFA Institute if retirement status changes
- Be listed as Retired in the CFA Institute Membership Directory
- Waive the right to be guaranteed a transfer of membership to another society
Maintaining Membership Status
To maintain membership, each individual shall:
- Adhere to all applicable rules and regulations, including the Society Bylaws, the CFA Institute Articles and Bylaws, the Code and Standards, and other rules relating to professional conduct
- File a Professional Conduct Statement annually, unless excused as a recognized Retired member (see below)
- Pay membership dues
The Society Board shall have the right to review all applications for membership in the society. In the event of disagreement concerning administration of membership requirements, the society shall have the right to appeal to the CFA Institute Board of Governors. The Board of Governors, or a designated committee thereof, shall have the authority to make final determinations on the application of Regular membership provisions.The secretary shall keep a list of and make available to CFA Institute the names and addresses of all members of the society and such other records and information relating thereto as the board shall determine. The Board shall preserve its records and the records of its committees, with respect to each applicant and member, for such period as the board may determine.