Upon invitation from CFA Society Netherlands, local universities assemble teams of 3 to 5 persons each. Under guidance of a mentor, students write an equity research report on a publicly traded company, and present their findings to a distinguished panel of experts.
The teams are judged on their written reports and the accompanying presentations and a winner is selected. Every member of the winning team receives a CFA scholarship, whilst the team receives a €1000 check. Furthermore, the winner will advance to the EMEA and possibly even Research Challenge Finals. Throughout the competition, CFA Society Netherlands investment professionals volunteer as mentors and judges and teach these students best practices in equity research and corporate analysis.
The 2014/2015 program will run as below:
- 13 October 2014: Kick-off
- 18 November 2014: Company Visit
- 16 January 2015: Deadline for Report
- 06 February 2015: In-house Day Sponsor
- 26 February 2015 Finals
- 1 & 2 April 2015: Regional Finals (Amsterdam)
- 17 April 2015: Global Finals (Atlanta)
To view summaries of past Research Challenges.
- Report 2014; winning team Belgian/Dutch Finals
- Report 2013; winning team Belgian/Dutch Finals
- Report 2012; winning team Belgian/Dutch Finals
- Report 2011; winning team Belgian/Dutch Finals
- Report 2010; winning team Dutch Finals
- Report 2009; winning team Dutch Finals
For more information please contact Sjoerd.Rozing@cfanetherlands.nl.