CFA Society New Mexico is offering four scholarships for the CFA exams. Each scholarship is for $500 to help candidates defer the cost of pursuing the CFA designation. Applications must fulfill all CFA candidate requirements to be eligible for a scholarship. Scholarships are not available to CFA Society New Mexico officers, directors, employees or their immediate families.
Application Deadline for all levels: October 1st, 2020 (December 2020 Exam and Level 1 February 2021 Exam) and March 1st, 2021 (June 2021 Exam)
Initial Award: All initial award decisions will be made and communicated to the recipients of the scholarship by December 1st (December 2020 and February 2021 Exam) and May 1st (June 2021 Exam). Actual monetary reimbursement will be subject to complying with the requirements for exam participation and reimbursement policies outlined below.
Scholarship Award Date (Reimbursement)
All scholarship funds will be awarded after official CFA Exam test results are available for December 2020, February 2021 and June 2021 Exams test dates. Approximate time frame for reimbursement award is on or around February 2021, May 2021, and August 2021.
The scholarship is available to December 2020, February 2021, and June 2021 test candidates only.
Scholarship Award Eligibility
- Applicant must be enrolled in a CFA Program as a candidate and sit for the CFA exam.
- Applicant must provide CFA Institute registration confirmation with application submission.
- All applicants are required to sit for the actual CFA exam in order to receive the scholarship.
- You must not have received any other CFA Society New Mexico Scholarships or reimbursements previously.
- Applicants are only eligible to receive this scholarship once.
Scholarship Fund appropriation
Scholarship funds appropriation criteria can be used towards the following:
- Books or study materials purchased through external exam prep providers (i.e. Kaplan Schweser, Wiley, Analyst Prep, etc.) This does not include cost of books purchased through the CFA Institute.
- Travel reimbursement including, hotel room fees, flight tickets, rental car or gas expenditures. Travel Reimbursement limits include a max of $150/ per night for hotel room fees not including taxes (room service charges or additional charges will not be reimbursed). Airfare must be booked as economy/coach (first class or upgrades will not be reimbursed).
- Detailed itemized receipts must be provided for each item subject to reimbursement including books and/or study materials and above mentioned travel reimbursement expenses.
Use of scholarship funds for any reasons other than specified above is not permitted
Scholarship Committee Bylaws and Applicant Selection Process
All scholarships will be evaluated by an independent Committee comprised of 5 members (2 CFA Society New Mexico Board Members and 3 other CFA Society New Mexico Members).
Scholarship application evaluation process includes:
- Each Application will be independently reviewed by the Committee Members. Each Committee Member will provide their scores on a scale of 1-5 (1- being the lowest and 5 – the highest) based on the criteria outlined below.
- 1-5 scale is based on professional and academic merit of applicant and applicant's need for scholarship provided in the essay.
- The scholarships will be awarded to the highest scoring applicants.
Terms and Conditions
CFA Society New Mexico reserves the right to refuse reimbursement to initial scholarship recipients AT WILL FOR ANY REASON. This includes the right to refuse applicants for any unspecified reasons and reserves the right to refuse to reimbursement scholarship awardees for any unspecified reasons.
If you are interested in applying complete the online application.
Any questions can be directed to Greg Crowell or Jake Tolk at firstname.lastname@example.org