WHO ARE WE
The Programs Committee focuses on delivering member value and engaging the community by providing a dynamic offering of events throughout the year. CFA Society New Mexico strives to offer outstanding events for the benefit of members, candidates and non-members alike. The Programs Committee draws on their experience and knowledge of timely educational topics, group members provide guidance on the overall program plan as well as input on specific speakers and topics. CFA Society New Mexico programs are designed with a focus on member value, increasing awareness of the CFA credential, networking opportunities and the promotion of educational opportunities within the financial profession.
OUR GOALS AND VALUES
- Develop and implement a plan to deliver desirable events
- Deliver member value through engaging educational, networking and social opportunities throughout the year
- Raise the profile of the CFA Program throughout the state of New Mexico
- Build awareness of financial literacy through educational events that are open to members, CFA candidates and non-members
- Use society events as an opportunity to build outreach efforts to the community
- Collaborate with local stakeholders to advocate on behalf of investment professionals, especially CFA Society New Mexico members as well as investors
HOW YOU CAN GET
The Programs Committee invites you to consider becoming involved. Not only do we
welcome and need your help, we also want your good ideas. For more
information, please contact Program Committee.
Anna Murphy is a portfolio manager for the New Mexico State Treasurer's Office. Previously, she was a portfolio manager for Public Employees Retirement Association of New Mexico (PERA). Anna began her finance career in private wealth management while working toward her MBA at the University of New Mexico. She also holds a BA from Wesleyan University, Connecticut. Anna passed Level III of the CFA Program in 2018, and she serves on the Women's Advisory Committee and Programs Committee for CFA Society New Mexico.
Reed Soehnel is the Director of Accounting at Sun Mountain Capital. Prior to joining Sun Mountain, he spent time as a financial statement auditor with both Deloitte & Touche and KPMG, where his clients represented a variety of industries, including financial services. Reed holds a Bachelor of Professional Accountancy degree from Saginaw Valley State University and is a Certified Public Accountant in New Mexico. He passed Level II of the CFA Program in 2018 and plans to sit for the Level III Exam in 2020.