The Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) has an immediate opening for a Risk Manager who will be responsible for conducting ongoing risk assessments of a portfolio of assigned CDIC member institutions, performing, when required, an analysis and assessment of CDIC’s exposure to loss, and undertaking special projects. As Risk Manager – Risk Assessment, you will also participate in resolution activities, including the “Living Will” process.
As a Risk Manager – Risk Assessment, you must have:
- an undergraduate or graduate degree in a Business-related field or a professional designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CFA) and over 5 years of relevant experience in areas related to the financial services sector
- a good understanding of the operations of financial institutions and highly refined skills in financial analysis with some knowledge of statistical analysis
- preferably, an understanding of the legislation governing banks, loan and trust companies and a comprehension of issues that are of concern to regulatory agencies
- excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively in a professional manner with senior management of CDIC, member institutions and regulatory agencies
- highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Commercial credit or loan work-out experience would be an asset.
The language designation is English Essential; however, bilingualism would be an asset.
Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) is a federal Crown corporation with offices in Ottawa and Toronto. CDIC contributes to the stability of Canada’s financial system by insuring eligible deposits of up to $100,000 per depositor in each member institution.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.
CDIC believes a diverse workplace reflecting the various backgrounds and cultures of Canadians brings strength to our organization.
Due to Canadian immigration regulations, we can only consider applications from Canadian citizens or other individuals legally entitled to work in Canada.
Click here to view the job posting in French.