Date: 14 November 2017, Tuesday
Time: 12.00pm to 2.00pm (Registration and lunch begins at 12pm; Talk starts at 12.30pm)
Venue: Capital Tower, FTSE Room, Level 9, 168 Robinson Road, Singapore 068912
(Eligible for 1 CE hour for CFA Singapore Members)
Prof. Söhnke M. Bartram use point-in-time accounting data to estimate monthly fair values of more than 25,000 stocks from 36 countries over more than two decades. Trading on deviations from fair value, which do not proxy for known anomalies, yields statistically and economically significant risk-adjusted returns in most regions, especially the Asia Pacific and emerging markets countries. Pre-transaction cost alphas are positively related to trading costs, but in most regions alphas also significantly exceed country-specific trading costs. Thus, global equity markets are inefficient, but are relatively less efficient in counties with quantifiable market frictions, particularly trading costs, that deter arbitrageurs.
Terms and Conditions
- Registration will only be confirmed upon receipt of the registration form and full payment.
- No cash payment will be accepted for on-site registration.
- If any registered participant is unable to attend, a replacement is welcome, but a top-up may apply depending on the membership category of the replacement participant. However, no refund would be made.
- CFA Singapore reserves the right to:
* cancel, postpone or make any changes to the terms of the event at its sole discretion without giving any prior notice;
* reject any registrations;
* collect payment shortfall in accordance to the actual membership status of participants.
- By signing and submitting this form, I / we consent to CFA Singapore collecting, using, disclosing and processing my / our personal data :
(1) for purposes related to the administration of the registration for the above event;
(2) to send me updates informing me / us of events and activities organized by CFA Singapore.
*I understand that my personal data will be used and retained in accordance with the CFA Singapore Personal Data Policy available at www.cfasingapore.orgGlobal Passport Programme
The Global Passport Program allows members of participating CFA societies to attend each other's society events at the local member price.