Schedule for 2017 - 2018
Late September 2017:
- Universities/liaison's introduce concept to university participants
- Registration will be open at CFA Institute's website. The link to registration will be sent out to the University Teams.
- A university contact (the faculty member responsible for the team) submitted to John and/or Sharon
November - December 2017:
- Early November - Ethic panel webcasts (for students to watch on their own; the one from the CFA Institute is highly encouraged in order to compete).
November 17, 2017 - Target Company Announcement - Target Company is Andeavor (ANDV)
- December 1, 2017- University teams of 3 - 5 selected
December 1, 2017 - Selected teams should receive the
research report template
December 15, 2017 - Southwest U.S. Research Challenge KICK OFF and University teams must be registered on CFA Institute's website
- Mentors assigned to teams; please let us know if you would like to have someone assigned.
- Teams submit questions for management of target company to Coordinators for
CFA Institute Research Challenge - Southwest U.S.early December.
- December 19, 2017 - Company management presents to students; this event is the only chance to interact with management. You may attend in person or via the internet.
Two weeks before written reports are due - Any team member substitutes must register on CFA Institute's Challenge site.
- 2nd of February 2018, Final reports will need to be submitted to
CFA Institute Research Challenge - Southwest U.S. Challenge for evaluation by graders by 9pm.
February 11, 2018 - the ten (10) finalist teams will be announced by 5pm that Sunday or the first thing Monday morning.
- February 17, 2018 - Final oral presentations occur at TIPS. TIPS will be held on Saturday, February 17, 2018 at Southern Methodist University.
- Regionals (North and South America) in Boston on March 19-20, 2018.
- Global Finals will be held after the completion of the Americas, EMEA, and APAC Regionals in Seoul.