Schedule for 2018 - 2019
Late September 2018:
- Universities/liaison's introduce concept to university participants
- Registration will be open at CFA Institute's website. The link to registration will be sent out to the University Teams.
- A university contact (the faculty member responsible for the team) submitted to John and/or Sharon
- Utilize resources available for University Teams on CFA Institute's website
November - December 2018:
November 16 - Target Company Announcement
- December 3 - University teams of 3 - 5 selected
December 3 - Selected teams should receive the
research report template
December 14 - Southwest U.S. Research Challenge KICK OFF and University teams must be registered on CFA Institute's website
- Mentors assigned to teams; please let us know if you would like to have someone assigned
- Teams submit questions for management of target company to Coordinators for CFA Institute Research Challenge - Southwest US
management presents to students; this event is the only chance to
interact with management. You may attend in person or via the internet
- Two weeks before written reports are due - Any team member substitutes must register on CFA Institute's Challenge site.
- February 4 - Final reports will need to be submitted to
CFA Institute Research Challenge - Southwest U.S. Challenge for evaluation by graders by noon.
February 12 - the ten (10) finalist teams will be announced by noon.
- February 23 - Final oral presentations occur at TIPS. TIPS will be held on Saturday, February 23 at a participating university.
- Regionals (North and South America) in New York City on April 23-24.
- Global Finals in New York City on April 25.