Schedule for 2016 - 2017
Late September 2016:
- Universities/liasions introduce concept to university participants
- "How to Write a Research Report - A Buy Side Perspective" webcast (educational video for students to watch on their own found on the webcast tab of this website)
- "How to Write a Research Report - A Sell Side Perspective" webcast (educational video for students to watch on their own found on the webcast tab of this website)
- October 31 - a university contact (the faculty member responsible for the team) submitted to John and/or Sharon
November - December 2016:
- Early November - Ethic panel webcasts (for students to watch on their own; the one from the CFA Institute is highly encouraged in order to compete).
November 18, 2016 - Target Company Announcement - company is U. S. Physical Therapy, Inc. (USPH)
- December 2, 2016 - University teams of 3 - 5 selected
December 2, 2016 - Selected teams should receive the
research report template
December 2, 2016 - Southwest U.S. Research Challenge KICK OFF
- December 16, 2016 - University teams must be registered at CFA Institute's website
- Mentors assigned to teams; please let us know if you would like to have someone assigned.
- Teams submit questions for management of target company to Co-ordinators for
CFA Institute Research Challenge - Southwest U.S. by early/mid January
Mid January 2017 - Company management presents to students; this event is mandatory and the only chance to interact with management. You may attend in person or via the internet. The presentation will be held at Rice University on Tuesday evening, January 17, 2017.
Two weeks before written reports are due - Any team members substitutes must register on CFA Institute's Challenge site (January 23, 2017).
- February 6, 2017 - Final reports will need to be submitted to
CFA Institute Research Challenge - Southwest U.S. Challenge for evaluation by graders by noon.
February 15, 2017 - the ten (10) finalist teams will be announced by noon.
- February 25, 2017 - Final oral presentations occur at TIPS. TIPS will be held on Saturday, February 25, 2017 at the University of Houston..
- Regionals (North and South America) in Seattle on April 6-7, 2017.
- Global Finals will be held after the completion of the Americas, EMEA, and APAC Regionals in Prague.