2020 Energy Outlook and Investment Trends Luncheon
Please join us for lunch on Thursday, February 13, 2020 and a conversation with R. Dean Foreman, Ph.D., Chief Economist, American Petroleum Institute, Edward J. Fortunato, Chief Economist, Exelon Corporation, and Greg Wetstone, President and CEO of the American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE), to gain a better understanding of the status of the different energy markets and what investors should expect in the markets in 2020 and beyond.
Given the recent changes in the geo-political environment (i.e. Iran, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, Trade with Canada, etc.), technological trends affecting energy markets (i.e. electric cars, self-driving cars, ride-shares, solar, etc.), natural disasters affecting energy markets (climate, hurricanes, California fires and power grid issues, etc.) what should Investors expect in the Energy Markets? Will millennials and younger portfolio managers invest in oil companies in today’s ESG focused universe? We’ll discuss current trends and their impact.
Topics to be Discussed:
- Gain a better Understanding of the Status of the different Energy Markets and potential investments directly in them or indirectly.
- Gain some insight into the likely trends in 2020 and beyond in the Energy markets
- Geo-political trends affecting Energy Markets (i.e. Iran, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, Trade with Canada, etc.)
- Technological trends affecting Energy Markets (i.e. Electric Cars, Self-driving Cars, Ride-Shares, Solar, etc.)
- Natural disasters affecting Energy Markets (Climate, hurricanes, California Fires and Power Grid Issues, Puerto Rico Grid Issues, etc.)
- How ESG focused millennials and may impact investments in Exxon, Chevron, etc. in today’s ESG focused universe.
Who Should Attend?
- Portfolio Managers that have energy exposure in their portfolios
- Anyone whose clients hold or potentially hold energy investments in their portfolios.
- Anyone interested in the ultimate potential disruption that could be on the horizon.
Lunch will be provided.
Chief Economist, American Petroleum Institute
Dr. Dean Foreman was named Chief Economist for the American Petroleum Institute in December of 2017. He earned his Ph.D. in economics from the University of Florida and brings more than 20 years of industry experience in corporate strategic planning, forecasting, risk management, and finance.
Over the last seventeen years at Exelon, Edward has managed the proprietary trading book, the short-term analytics group, and has led the implementation of trading strategies in both the proprietary and hedging books and run the fundamental analysis group. As the Chief Economist, he tracks economic trends and how they affect the company.
President & Chief Executive Officer,
American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE)
Gregory Wetstone is President and Chief Executive Officer of the American Council on Renewable Energy (ACORE), a national non-profit organization that unites finance, policy and technology to accelerate the transition to a renewable energy economy. Since assuming this role in January of 2016, he has led the way to dramatic improvements in ACORE’s organizational health, prominence and effectiveness in pursuit of its mission. Greg oversees ACORE’s strategic planning and core activities, including government affairs, communications, research and analysis, executive programs, market expansion priorities, signature events and fundraising.