A: CFAW Members (including student/candidate and guest members).
2. Where can I enter the contest?
3. Can I make multiple entries in the contest?
A: a. Each
member can only create one profile, and thus one entry, for the
contest. If it’s determined that a member has created multiple
profiles, he or she will be disqualified.
4. What are my investment options for the contest?
A: This year’s contest sources data from IEX, which offers over 7,000 securities.
5. Can I compare my returns to other participants throughout the contest?
you can see the performance of all participants (identified by each
participant’s alias) here: http://www.cfacontest.com/scoreboard/
6. How is the winner determined?
A: The participant with the highest account value at year-end will be deemed the winner of the contest.
7. Can there be a tie in the contest?
contestants can alter their portfolio allocations on a daily basis,
it’s almost impossible for two participants to end up with the exact
same amount of money at the end of the contest. However, in such a rare
case, the person who signed up first will be the winner.
8. What is the prize?
winner of the contest will receive a complimentary one-year membership
to CFAW, along with complimentary admission to the 2021 CFAW Annual
9. Where/when will the prize be awarded?
A: The winning participant will be announced at the next CFAW Annual Dinner.
10. When is the deadline to enter the contest?
can enter the contest at any time before the end of the contest
measurement period (December 31, 2021). However, a later start means
less time for any given participant’s investment selections to grow.
11. What is the performance measurement time period for my selections?
You can start designing your portfolio right away after signing up for
the contest. Accounts begin growing in value at the launch of the
contest, and the final round of calculations will be performed as of
midnight on December 31, 2021.
12. Will performance include dividends?
A: No. Performance will be calculated based on the value of stock retrieved from IEX.
13. Will the selection weights be rebalanced periodically?
will have the ability to change investments throughout the contest time
period by making their preferred selections via the online portal under
14. Will my portfolio be public?
your portfolio will remain private and confidential. However, your
performance will be made public through the scoreboard under your
preferred alias. You can set your desired alias after logging in to
create your account. To participate in the contest, you need to select a