【CFA Japan Seminar】
Become a Great Presenter and Increase Your Influence
Date: 1st June, 2017 (Thursday), 19:00-20:30
Venue: Room1-2, FINE TOKYO, 5th Floor, South Tower, Otemachi Financial City, 1-9-7 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
(For those who take the subways to come: From Tokyo Metro Otemachi Station, please use the passageway directly connecting to the first basement floor of the building. Then take the South Elevator from the first basement floor or the first floor to the fifth floor.
For those who come from the surface street: Please enter the SouthTower, Otemachi Financial City from FINE TOKYO Entrance that is across the street of Sankei Building. Then take the South Elevator from the first floor to the fifth floor.)
Specialty Focus Areas: (CE Credit eligible)
Speaker: Dr. Andrew Stotz, CFA (CEO A. Stotz Investment Research, CFA Society Thailand President)
Fee: CFA Japan Members, Special Candidate Members：Free,
Candidate Non Members: JPY 2,000, Non-members: JPY 3,000
- Overcome your fear and present with confidence
- Learn the basics of giving a great presentation through both lecture and demonstration. Gain the skills to increase your impact and influence in your next presentation.
- Great presentations are not an accident, they happen by carefully considering your audience as you construct arguments that are strong and that flow well from one to the next. Learn about the value of simplicity and repetition when it comes to getting your message across.
- Learn the basics to set yourself apart from other presenters by making your presentation attractive to the audience. Understand how to present yourself as the center of the presentation and to convey the perception of confidence. Very specific and actionable advice is demonstrated throughout the seminar.
- Become a presenter who delivers energy and power, whether presenting to inform, persuade or excite. Learn to leave a lasting impression and motivate your audience to your call to action. See how an average presentation can be converted into one that can change the world.
Dr. Andrew Stotz, CFA, CEO A. Stotz Investment Research
Andrew Stotz, Ph.D., CFA runs A. Stotz Investment Research which specializes in picking stocks for portfolios. He has lived in Thailand since 1992 and has been a university lecturer and equity analyst since 1993. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in finance and an MBA from California State University. Andrew earned his PhD in finance at the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), with a focus on answering questions raised by fund managers and analysts during his career about picking stocks and managing portfolios.
Andrew has been a lecturer in finance for 25 years at various universities in Thailand. Since 2013, he has been the president of the CFA Society Thailand and is a member of the Advisory Board at Thammasat University's Business School. He is an adjunct professor at USTC and a Research Faculty at Thammasat Business School, Thailand.
During his two decades as an analyst, Andrew has written thousands of pages of equity strategy and company research. In fact, in his last year working for investment banks, he published 850 pages of research. His final eight years in the business was spent as a head of research and strategist, managing research teams and writing regular strategy reports.
Prior to Maybank Kim Eng, Andrew was the head of research at CLSA Thailand, was voted No. 1 Analyst in Thailand in the Asiamoney Brokers Polls for 2008 and 2009. He was also voted No. 1 Analyst in Thailand in the 2009 Institutional Investor magazine All-Asia Research Team Report. Meanwhile, his research team at CLSA Thailand was voted No. 1 in both of the above surveys.
Andrew co-founded CoffeeWORKS Co. Ltd., Thailand's leading specialty coffee roaster since 1995, and remains a shareholder and director. Andrew has authored a book that explains Dr. W. Edwards Deming's 14 points for Management, called Transform Your Business with Dr. Deming's 14 Points and the book How to Start Building Your Wealth Investing in the Stock Market.