The amount of data available to organizations and individuals is unprecedented. Financial services sectors, including securities & investment services and banking, have the most digital data stored per firm on average. As a result, financial companies have been on an innovation and technology push to create new, disruptive technologies that can maximize use of these data assets to solve some of the industry’s toughest problems.
CFASB and its education partner, Cognitir, offer a one-day, hands-on course in a structured teaching environment where students learn classic data science methods used as the basis for many financial technologies. Please note that you must have taken an introductory Python programming course before attending this workshop. Cognitir will recommend a free, online Python course to participants, but this online course must be completed before the start of this data science workshop.
At the end of the workshop, course participants will have applied the Python programming language and essential data science techniques to solve complex financial problems.
What This Course Offers
● An overview of data science methods relevant to finance and fintech
● Explanation of the hype around data science, machine learning & big data
● Hands-on Python programming experience
● Understanding of effective data visualization techniques using Python
● Course notes, certificate of completion, and post-seminar email support for 3 months
● An engaging and practical training approach with a qualified instructor with relevant technical, business, and educational experiences
Who Is This For
This course is relevant for professionals who want to gain a hands-on introduction to essential data science methods that are utilized in finance and fintech.
Click here to learn about the course curriculum.