Virtual Class - Day 2
Data Visualization and Business Analytics with Microsoft Power BI
January 22 1:30 - 5 pm EST
January 29 1:30 - 5 pm EST
This course will take place over the span of these two Fridays, 1/22 and 1/29.
It is recommend that Mac users have access to a virtual environment of Windows as since Power BI is a Windows product.
Strong data culture is a sine qua non for organizations in the digital age, and proprietary data insights are becoming the most important asset for all organizations. Firms that are invested in crafting a compelling, authentic narrative from their data are uniquely positioned to establish enduring brands and thrive in all market environments. When it comes to communicating such insights for business objectives, a striking data visualization cannot be beat.
During a single day, participants will explore an extensible data visualization framework (Microsoft Power BI) that allows finance and business professionals to create reports and dashboards that leverage their existing data products. Participants will learn how to gather relevant data from sample spreadsheets, overcome data preparation obstacles, and build an interactive dashboard that they can publish to the web.
This course uses Power BI because Power BI is the uncontested leader in the sector as illuminated by Gartner’s Analytics and Business Intelligence Platform Magic Quadrant.
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will have developed their own web dashboard that they can readily adapt to their own professional contexts, and which they can then use to obtain better insights into their own work and/or share it with their co-workers.
What This Course Offers
● Hands-on data visualization experience Microsoft Power BI and its Power Query engine
● Every participant leaves with a working dashboard that they can connect to theirorganization’s data sources
● Insights on how best to automate tedious data workflows with web dashboards
● Overview of data sourcing, preparation, and visualization pitfalls
● Course notes, certificate of completion, and post-seminar email support for 1 year
● An engaging and practical training approach with a qualified instructor with relevanttechnical, business, and educational experiences