Become a Mentor/Volunteer
The cornerstone of the CFA Baltimore Society is centered around the volunteer efforts of its members. The Board of Directors encourages members to become involved. If you are interested in volunteering in any capacity, please contact Robyn Osten at email@example.com. Volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Volunteering with candidates to talk about the CFA exam including study habits, test-taking strategies, help with testing material, etc.
- Mentoring new Charter-holders regarding possible career transitions
- Working with local college students to educate them about the CFA Charter and investment management careers
- Volunteering within the greater Baltimore community to offer financial literacy programs
- Partnering with CFA Baltimore Board of Directors to bring events and programming to our membership
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Junior Achievement of Central Maryland
JA Career Speaker Series
The JA Career Speaker Series is a series of virtual lessons (delivered via pre-recorded video) on making responsible and informed financial decisions. This series is focused on middle school students and will cover a wide range of financial education topics, including creating and building wealth, managing money, credit, and debit, and how careers, education, and income relate. The videos will align with MSDE state standards. JA has an immediate need for volunteers who would like to create these short 12-15 minute videos. Click here to see an example video. Click here for more information on this volunteer opportunity. If you are interested, please reach out to Stefanie Freeburger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JA BizTown Adventures
JA Biztown Adventures is a business experience for upper elementary students that focuses on work readiness, entrepreneurship, and financial education. Students will get first-hand experience running a business as they take on the roles of CEO, CFO, Marketing Director, Sales Manager, and Consumer. JA Biztown Adventure Virtual Volunteers are needed to speak to classes via Zoom regarding their career path followed by a brief Q&A session where students will have the opportunity to ask you relevant and authentic questions. To register for this opportunity, click here. For more information, click here or contact Bristal Rettberg at email@example.com.