Join David Gossett, CFA for a roundtable discussion for CFA Institute candidates. The discussion will be interactive, and David will share insights on the following topics:
Habits - A discussion on the importance of sleep and the importance of following modern research in learning.
Communities - Reddit, Discord, and CFA Cleveland - of course!
Tools - This will include a discussion on how my systems and tools worked together to help create a successful showing on test day.
Zoom Login Information will be provided the morning of the event
David graduated from the Honors College at The University of Akron with a bachelor’s degree in Corporate Finance in 2011. He started his career as a Third Party Administrator, performing retirement plan design and compliance related technical consulting on small and mid market businesses. In 2015, he joined a Fortune 100 financial services firm to use his consulting knowledge and plan expertise to bridge the gap between recordkeepers, asset managers, and businesses. His primary focuses are technical retirement plan design, regulatory compliance issues, recordkeeper negotiations, asset manager negotiations, institutional reporting, investment manager research, investment analysis, and plan fund menu strategy.
During his career, David has continued to invest in his education. He has earned the Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA), Qualified 401(k) Consultant (QKC), and Qualified Pension Administrator (QPA) designations from the American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries (ASPPA). He has also earned the Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist (CRPS) designation from the College for Financial Planning.
David started his CFA journey in 2017 and sat for the Level 3 exam in December 2020, the final paper exam, claiming his charter in February 2021. In his spare time, David enjoys building computers, lifting weights, and helping CFA candidates succeed.
Sources for candidates after the chat:
• Make It Stick: The Science of Successful Learning - https://www.amazon.com/Make-Stick-Science-Successful-Learning/dp/0674729013
• Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams - https://www.amazon.com/Why-We-Sleep-Unlocking-Dreams/dp/1501144316
o Quizlet - A great flashcard app that you can revise and edit over time to replace other forms of note taking - https://quizlet.com/
o Toggl - An app that lets you keep track of what you studied and how long for a more accurate picture of time spent learning vs time spent over all - https://track.toggl.com/timer
o Pomodoro Timer - https://tomato-timer.com/
• Video Speed Controller (Google Chrome Extension) - In your prep process you may encounter videos that you watch for online classes from third party prep providers, not all of them have the ability to control the speed at which they play, so this extension allows you to control the video speed - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-speed-controller/nffaoalbilbmmfgbnbgppjihopabppdk?hl=en
Communities & Resources
• r/CFA Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/CFA/
• r/CFA Discord - https://discord.gg/kA9SGQRhQ8
• r/CFA Wiki - https://designation.wiki/CFA/