CFA Society Colorado is a local organization for members of CFA Institute. Members have achieved the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) designation. Affiliate members are financial professionals with qualified experience, and/or are CFA program candidates.
CFA Institute Statement of Investor Rights
When engaging the services of financial professionals and organizations I have the right to...
1. Honest, competent, and ethical conduct that complies with applicable law
2. Independent and objective advice and assistance based on informed analysis, prudent judgment, and diligent effort
3. My financial interests taking precedence over those of the professional and the organization
4. Fair treatment with respect to our clients
5. Disclosure of any existing or potential conflicts of interest in providing products or services to me
6. An understanding of my circumstances, so that any advice provided is suitable and based on my financial objectives and constraints
7. Clear, accurate, complete, and timely communications that use plain language and are presented in a format that conveys the information effectively
8. An explanation of all fees and costs charged to me, and information showing these expenses to be fair and reasonable
9. Confidentiality of my information
10. Appropriate and complete records to support the work being done on my behalf
Want to learn more about the CFA Institute Statement of Investor Rights? Click here.
The Integrity List
Actions you can take, inspired by real world ideas from CFA charterholders and members
Commit: It Starts With You
Inspire: Be an Ethical Leader
Engage: Develop Trustworthy Relationships
Communicate: Be Transparent
Learn: Build Your Knowledge
Advocate: Shape a Better System
Click here to read more about The Integrity List