The CFA Society of Dallas-Fort Worth (formerly the Dallas Society of Financial Analysts and prior to that, the Dallas Association of Investment Analysts) was founded in 1951 to:
- provide interchange between investment and portfolio managers;
- promote good fellowship among those whose primary occupation is investment and securities analysis;
- improve analytical procedures and techniques;
- promote our membership to the investing public. The society plays a vital role within the Dallas and Fort Worth area promoting a better understanding of the investment management profession;
- to encourage, strengthen and support the Chartered Financial Analyst® professional designation and to assist those candidates working towards achieving the CFA® charter.
Of equal importance has been its mission to promote high standards of professional and ethical conduct among its members. For more than 50 years, these objectives have guided the society and the local investment community. The society was the 15th formed worldwide.
As of September 2015, The CFA Society of Dallas-Fort Worth has 1,254 active members, and is among the largest member societies of the CFA Institute (formerly the Association of Investment Management and Research).