The CFA Institute offers a variety of scholarships for both the June and December examiniations, candidates for all levels of the exam are eligible.
Access Scholarships—Needs-based scholarship opportunities for individuals who are unable to afford full CFA® Program costs. Societies are heavily involved in the Access Scholarship review and award process. We welcome and encourage all societies to participate, however, they can opt out if they do not wish to award scholarships, and in those cases CFA Institute will select and award scholarships in the society's area.
Awareness Scholarships—Role-based scholarships designated for key influencers in the media and in financial and academic communities. There are five types of Awareness Scholarships offered:
- Student Scholarships through the following:
- CFA Program Partners
- University Recognition Program
- Investment Foundations Program
- Regulator Scholarships (for employees of central banks, governmental organizations, SROs, and qualified entries that support the investment industry)
- Professor Scholarships (for professors seeking the charter for themselves)
- Media Scholarships (for members of the financial media)
- Women's Scholarships (for women 'in industry', keenly interested in pursuing the charter)
Information on CFA Institute scholarship opportunities, as well as the scholarship assessment tool, can be found