CFA Society Edmonton was established in 1976 to provide a professional association for individuals in the investment community. Our membership currently consists of investment counselors, pension fund managers, corporate treasury, and stockbrokers.
To lead the local investment community by embracing the highest standards of professionalism and creating linkages between members, the local financial community, the global investment community and the general public.
The mission of CFA Society Edmonton is to
- Provide a forum for education, information and communication centered on the needs of investment professionals;
- Enhance awareness of the investment profession and the CFA Charter within the community;
- Promote professional excellence and the highest ethical standards;
- Support and advance the interests of its members; and
- Promote the CFA Charter as a career option.
- Community and Co-operation
- Professional Development
- Respect and Dignity
Our society is an association of local investment professionals. Consisting of portfolio managers, security analysts, investment advisors, and other financial professionals, we promote ethical and professional standards within the investment industry, encourage professional development through the CFA Program and continuing education, facilitate the exchange of information and opinions among people within the local investment community and beyond, and work to further the public's understanding of the CFA designation and investment industry. As one of the 151 member societies of CFA Institute, our society connects members to a global network of investment professionals.