- By end of 2002, discussions started to establish a CFA Society® in Egypt.
- On Nov 12, 2003, the first founders’ meeting was held at the Conrad Hotel, attended by 23 CFA charterholders and 8 Level II & Level III candidates.
- On Feb 22, 2004, the First general assembly meeting was held at the Conrad Hotel; the first board was elected. Board was assigned the responsibility to finalize the establishment of the society with both CFA Institute and the Egyptian Ministry of Social Affairs (MOSA)
- In May 2005, the MOSA requirements were met and our organisation was established as an NGO according to Egyptian law.
- In May 2006, CFA Institute approved CFA Society Egypt as a new member society.
- By May 2010, the number of members in CFA Society Egypt surpassed 100 members.