【CFA Society Japan Webinar】
CFA Curriculum Update: ESG, Fintech, and other key topics
Date & Time: November 12th (Thursday) 19:00-20:00
Venue: This is a Zoom webinar.
Speaker: David Sanders, CFA (Senior Director, Curriculum Projects, CFA Institute)
Topics: Career Development & Soft Skills
Fee: Free for all participants
The investment management industry continues to evolve and the CFA Program curriculum evolves with it. By attending this webinar, you will learn:
- how the CFA Program curriculum is developed at CFA Institute and new approaches to learning
- how topics such as Fintech, Machine Learning, Big Data Projects are covered in the 2020 CFA Program and curriculum plans for additional coverage in the future
The outline of the webinar is as follows:
- Overview of the curriculum development process at CFA Institute
- 2020 CFA Program curriculum: What's new?
- 2020 CFA Program curriculum: Key topics
- ESG content in the CFA Program: current and future coverage
- Fintech related content in the CFA curriculum:
- Introduction to Fintech
- Machine Learning
- Big Data
- 2021 CFA Program Refresher Readings: Overview
David Sanders, CFA
Senior Director, Curriculum Projects, CFA Institute
David is a seasoned investment professional with over 25 years of work experience across geographies, industries, and roles. David is currently working as a Senior Director, Curriculum Projects at CFA Institute based in Hong Kong SAR since June 2018.
Prior to joining CFA Institute, David spent over 14 years in the UAE, primarily at Abu Dhabi SWF related institutions—including serving as Chief Investment Officer at the Abu Dhabi Investment Company (ADIC) for over 7 years. Prior to joining ADIC, he held roles as Senior Fund Manager at the National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) and as Senior Analyst at the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA).
Prior to moving to the Middle East in 2003, David worked in various roles in the Finance Division of Procter & Gamble including roles in Pension Fund Management (based in USA), Asia Treasury (based in Japan), and Forecasting & Analysis (based in Japan). David is a fluent Japanese speaker and has an interest in and aptitude for other languages.
David was awarded his CFA charter in 2006. He holds a MA in International Relations from The Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy at Tufts University as well as an MBA in Finance from Brigham Young University.
If you wish to attend this webinar, please register from the link below.
※After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
CFA Society Japan