CFA Society Japan relies on its members to fulfill its mission. We have established the following volunteer committees to provide leadership and in conducting the activities of the society. Volunteers serve an invaluable resource for the society on many matters, including advocacy, continuing education (conference), and university outreach. We encourage you to explore the opportunities below. If you are interested in getting involved, or simply have some questions, please contact the society at email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting more dedicated volunteers!
Board of Directors
The activities of CFA Society Japan are exercised under the authority of CFA Society Japan Board of Directors. The Board of Directors allows certain functions, with Board oversight, to be performed by the corporate officers and staff of the society (or committees formed by the Board). The Board is the highest governing authority of CFA Society Japan.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Establishing the basic policies of CFA Society Japan and reviewing any proposed changes to them
- Shaping and clarifying the mission and vision of the society
- Shaping, approving and monitoring the strategy of the society
- Monitoring the organizational performance of CFA Society Japan and ensuring accountability
- Reviewing and approving the organization's financial objectives, budget, and major financial plans and actions
- Enhancing the reputation of the organization
- Promote positive working relationship and communications with members, candidates, other societies, and CFA Institute
Overview of Board Member Commitment
Directors are elected for the term of two years by the Members of the Society entitled to vote at the Ordinary General Meeting of Members.The Board has eleven meetings a year. Minimum attendance requirement is set for board members. In addition to membership on the Board, selected members may be assigned a chair function of a committee for the society. These committees may meet in addition to board sessions. The frequency of the committee meetings varies according to the function of the committee.
In order to increase its activities and stabilize its management, CFA Society Japan, would like to invite CFAJ members to join its Membership Committee.
The main tasks of the committee are;
- Promotion of CFA Program
- Candidate Support (Mentor for candidates, CFA Exam Preparation Seminar, Mock Exam)
- Event Planning (Volunteer Recognition, Charter Award Ceremony, Networking Event)
The Programming/Continuing Education Committee of the CFA Society Japan is responsible for the planning and implementation of the various programs to support the members' continuing education. CE program includes but not limited to – seminars, webcasts, and workshops on various topics. In the past 12 months, we hosted over 20 of these events. We are seeking for the volunteers to help us plan and host these events. The ways to contribute include providing ideas for the upcoming programs, introducing appropriate speakers, and helping out on the actual event day. Volunteering at the Programming Committee will provide you with excellent opportunities to meet with the follow members of the society as well as the various speakers who are the front runners of the industry. If you are interested in getting involved, please apply from the following link. We look forward to meeting you!
CFA Society Japan regards communication in Japanese instrumental for our mission to lead the investment profession by setting the highest standards of ethics and professional excellence and advancing the financial market integrity locally in Japan. Translation Group translates CFA Institute publications including Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct, research and position papers and other periodicals. These materials are made publicly available via our website and also broadly distributed at seminars or press conferences. More specifically, the group translates and summarizes several interesting articles from CFA Magazine and publishes them via our bi-monthly Newsletter.
We welcome new active and dedicated volunteers who can help these translation activities. If you are interested, please contact us via http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9SGJ7Y7
CFA Institute Research Challenge is a global event for students which CFA Institute holds with cooperation of sponsors, volunteers and a subject company in each country. This is where we need a lot of enthusiastic volunteers like you.
Who we are looking for
o Competing teams will need guidance and advice from industry professional mentors
o Teams may spend up to six hours with the industry mentor prior to submitting the written report. For each local, sub-regional, regional, or global final in which the team competes, the industry mentor may contribute an additional two hours.
o We are looking for who are currently working or previously worked as equity analysts (or credit analysts) and fund managers, who have relevant experience in the area for 3 years or more.
o Graders will independently evaluate written reports using the Research Report Evaluation template after discussion with other graders.
o We are looking for who are currently working or previously worked as equity analysts (or credit analysts) and fund managers, who have relevant experience in the area.
3) On-site (or online) volunteers
o CFA Research Challenge Japan round typically starts with Kick-off meeting in the summer and ends with Japan Final in December.
o We are looking for volunteers who are enthusiastic about the event and get involved with CFA Japan Society activities to help support all part of the smooth operation of the events.
What is CFA Research Challenge?
· CFA Institute Research Challenge provides university students with intensive company analysis, aiming at bringing up future industry professionals in economic artery of financial industry
· The CFA Institute Research Challenge is a competition between university-sponsored teams (with 3-5 students) that research a designated publicly traded company, prepare a written report on that selected company, and then present their findings to a panel of judges.
· The competition has four levels: local, sub-regional, regional, and global. Winners at the local level advance to compete against teams within their geographic region at the sub-regional level. Winning teams at the sub-regional level advance to compete at the regional level. Winning teams at the regional level advance to compete at the global level.
For more details please refer to the websites;
Japan Round: http://www.cfasociety.org/japan/Pages/IRC.aspx
Sub-Regional, Regional and Global Rounds：
The Advocacy Committee promotes market integrity and professional excellence through a wide array of initiatives including financial literacy and investor education events, policy advocacy and regulator engagement, thought leadership and industry outreach.
CFA Society Japan volunteers who join our Advocacy Committee will have the opportunity to get together, raise the value of the CFA charter, and build relationships with other institutions.
We are continually looking for CFA Society Japan members who care about the global investment profession, have a passion for representing our profession, and speaking up about ethics, market integrity and professional excellence.
Since Advocacy Committee is authorized to officially participate the Ethics Challenge from 2021 we need a lot more volunteers. Hope you could consider joining us now.