Please join us for this unique full day seminar where we'll focus on enhancing the skills required to create an interactive model of a company for use in turning investment ideas into actionable investments. We believe you'll find this unique opportunity useful if you want to improve your modeling skills, learn best practices, and better understand what other industry professionals are doing. Analysts with some financial modeling experience and portfolio managers who use modeling output should consider attending.
CFA Society Madison is partnering with The Marquee Group to bring this seminar to Madison. The Marquee Group has offered financial educational training to various CFA Societies, pension plans, commercial banks and universities across North America, and is considered a leader in the field of financial modeling.
Course material includes model design, logic, construction, financial concepts and accounting treatment. Participants will build a model that includes a forecast of a company's income statement, cash flow statement and balance sheet.
Design and Structure for Financial Models
- Learn best practices involving the design and logic behind financial model creation
- Define inputs and assumptions sections to deliver accurate forecasts
- Connect strings of data to create assumptions and footnotes
Build Powerful Scenarios and Financial Statements
- Use switches to create effective scenarios and value drivers
- Design relevant schedules for liquidity and credit measure monitoring
- Incorporate cash flow schedules involving working capital, debt & interest, depreciation/CAPEX
- Use Lookup functions within the model to effectively extract information
Logistics: 8:30 am registration; 9:00 am – 5:00 pm with luncheon provided. Instructional information skewed to the morning for candidate/student participants.
Prerequisites: Participants should have a solid grasp of basic accounting fundamentals and proficiency with Excel prior to taking this course.
Requirements: Attendees must bring their own laptop computer with Microsoft Excel and a stick drive to copy samples of financial models.