We offer two types of membership. Regular membership is recommended for CFA Program candidates and is required for award of the CFA charter. For investment professionals who do not plan to pursue the CFA charter, affiliate membership is the appropriate track.
This membership type is recommended for candidates in the CFA Program and required for award of the CFA Charter.
To become a regular member of CFA Institute you will need to
Already have an application in progress? Manage Your Member and Society Applications.
This membership type is recommended for investment professionals who do not intend to participate in the CFA Program or who have not yet met the requirements for regular membership. Affiliate members receive the same benefits as regular members, however, affiliate members are not eligible for award of the CFA charter and may not vote on CFA Institute proxies.
To become an affiliate member of CFA Institute you will need to
Review Before You Apply
Work experience guidelines
Professional reference requirements
Professional Conduct Statement
Local CFA Society membership
View membership application tips
Membership also supports critical advocacy and outreach work all around the world that's inspiring greater investor trust, raising professional standards, and shaping a stronger future for the entire global investment industry.
Explore the benefits of CFA Institute membership
- The membership year runs from 1 July to 30 June.
- CFA Institute annual membership dues are US$275, regardless of when you activate between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019.
- CFA Institute annual dues for members on retired status are US$100.
- CFA SOCIETY MIAMI MEMBER DUES ARE US$75.00 YEARLY
- CFA Institute and society dues are non-refundable and non-transferable.
To activate your pending CFA Institute membership, you will need to file a Member's Agreement, file a Professional Conduct Statement, and pay dues.
Your first dues payment will vary depending on when you first activate:
- If you activate between 1 May 2018 and 31 March 2019, your annual dues are US$275 and are valid through 30 June 2019. You will be billed again in May 2019 for the following year (2019-2020).
- If you activate between 1 April 2019 and 30 April 2020, you will enjoy a complimentary membership through 30 June 2020. You will be billed in May 2019 for the following membership year (2019-2020).
Apply for Retired Status
If you meet the requirements for retired status as outlined in the retirement form, submit this form to us. If you no longer qualify for retired status, request a return to full membership.
Retired membership includes access to all member benefits.
Temporarily Unemployed? Apply for Retired Membership Status
In response to market conditions, we have relaxed the requirements for retired status. Members who want to maintain membership but are not currently employed can apply for a reduced rate (US$100) by applying for retired status on the retirement form. When your employment situation changes, simply return to full membership status.
Has Your Membership Lapsed?
You can reactivate it by:
Please note that reactivating members pay the full amount (prorates do not apply) and payment is applied to the current membership year.
- For more information on membership application status, please contact us via email:
- [email protected]