CFA Society Milwaukee has a vibrant team of volunteers seeking to bring valuable information and experiences to our membership. We are continually looking to expand our network of volunteers who bring creative ideas and energy to our group. If you are a Regular or Affiliate Member of CFA Society Milwaukee and would be interested in becoming a society volunteer to assist in helping the Society achieve its goals, please send an email to email@example.com and we will be in contact with you to discuss the opportunities.
CFA Institute Research Challenge
Industry Mentors are needed during November, December, January, and February - a six hour maximum commitment
Industry Mentors must disclose any ownership position in the securities of the subject company.Graders are needed during the first week of February
- Each team will be assigned an Industry Mentor, who is an investment professional in good professional standing with experience in writing or reviewing research reports; ideally an analyst or portfolio manager.
- Industry Mentors may be knowledgeable about the industry in which the subject company is involved, but will not cover, or have followed that specific company.
- Teams are only permitted to use an Industry Mentor on substantive matters for a total of six (6) hours prior to submitting the written report. Logistical work such as arranging meeting space and times does not count toward the six (6) hour limit. Phone call(s) to conduct primary research, and any additional contact (i.e. e-mail, telephone), are included in these 6 hours. Teams may spend an additional two (2) hours with their mentors for each Local, Regional or Global final in which the team participates.
- Industry Mentors will be allowed to review students-written work and provide comments only. Mentors will not be allowed to perform any research or write any portion of the report.
- Industry Mentors may not contact the subject company, or any of its affiliates, distributors, suppliers or competitors within the context of the Challenge, with the exception of supervising the student contacts.
- Industry Mentors may attend the company presentations. Mentors may not ask any questions or provide any opinions of the company. Attendance at the company presentation in this capacity will not count toward the 6 hour maximum.
- Reports are for educational purposes only, and the information contained in them may not be used by mentors to make recommendations to clients or to the public at large.
- Graders will be investment professionals in good professional standing who have experience in writing or reviewing research reports.
- Graders must disclose any ownership position in the securities of the subject company.
- Graders will be asked to provide short comments to the different sections of each report to serve as constructive feedback for the students.
- Reports are for educational purposes only, and the information contained in them may not be used by Graders to make recommendations to clients or to the public at large.
Judges are needed during the third week of February - a two hour commitment
- Judges will consist of well-known investment professionals in good professional standing.
- Judges must disclose any ownership position in the securities of the subject company.
- Judges may be provided with copies of the written reports prior to the panel presentations for reference; however, Judges will base their scores on the oral presentation only.
- Reports are for educational purposes only, and the information contained in them may not be used by Judges to make recommendations to clients or to the public at large.