Data Visualization and Business Analytics with Microsoft Power BI
June 23 & 24, 2021 | 11:30 AM-2:30 PM CT
Register by June 9 & receive $100 off!
A two-day virtual course, presented by Cognitir
Strong data culture is a sine qua non for organizations in the digital age, and proprietary data insights are becoming the most important asset for all organizations. Firms that are invested in crafting a compelling, authentic narrative from their data are uniquely positioned to establish enduring brands and thrive in all market environments. When it comes to communicating such insights for business objectives, a striking data visualization cannot be beaten.
During this two-day program, participants will explore an extensible data visualization framework (Microsoft Power BI) that allows finance and business professionals to create reports and dashboards that leverage their existing data products. Participants will learn how to gather relevant data from sample spreadsheets, overcome data preparation obstacles, and build an interactive dashboard that they can publish to the web.
This course uses Power BI because Power BI is the uncontested leader in the sector as illuminated by Gartner’s Analytics and Business Intelligence Platform Magic Quadrant.
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will have developed their own web dashboard that they can readily adapt to their own professional contexts, and which they can then use to obtain better insights into their own work and/or share it with their co-workers.
There are no prerequisites for this course, however, Mac users will need to install and use Windows on their Mac (through a virtual environment, etc) as Power BI is only compatible with Windows.
What This Course Offers
- Hands-on data visualization experience Microsoft Power BI and its Power Query engine
- Every participant leaves with a working dashboard that they can connect to their organization’s data sources
- Insights on how best to automate tedious data workflows with web dashboards
- Overview of data sourcing, preparation, and visualization pitfalls
- Course notes, certificate of completion, and post-seminar email support for 1 year
- An engaging and practical training approach with a qualified instructor with relevant technical, business, and educational experiences
Who Is This For
The target audience for this course is finance and business professionals, but the skills we teach here are transferable across many disciplines. If any of the following points apply to you, you will most likely find this course useful:
- In my current role, I spend a lot of time creating reports and/or surfacing the insights they contain.
- I often need to copy and paste data between different Excel spreadsheets to build simple charts on top of it.
- I’m responsible for manually updating the data sources for my team’s regular snapshots and briefs, and want to reclaim that time.
- I want to conduct my organization’s, team’s, or own personal work more effectively by becoming more data-driven.
- I always want to have a current view on certain key metrics for which my company already stores relevant data.
- I want to learn how to incorporate data design and visualization principles into my core practice as a professional.
Cognitir (pronounced: cog-ni-teer) was founded by David Haber and Neal Kumar in August 2015 because both founders are passionate about teaching and find joy in helping others acquire knowledge. The main reason for this is simple: knowledge is a key ingredient in fostering innovation. If individuals can learn skills and problem-solving techniques that help them solve the world's toughest problems, what types of innovation will the world experience? The possibilities are endless.
Since founding Cognitir, David and Neal have worked collaboratively to create numerous technical training courses that have empowered thousands of students and professionals around the world.