CFAMN Book Club
Virtual & Re-Imagined!
December 2, 2020 | 5 - 6 pm CT
"In my whole life, I have known no wise people (over a broad subject matter area) who didn't read all the time — none, zero." – Charlie Munger
Who: Aspiring reader, casual reader, book nerd.
How to prepare: Come as you are. Read none of the book, read part of the book, read all of the book. There will be a leader for each book who's already read the book and will provide summary comments from their perspective. From there people can share as much or as little as they choose.
We want book club to be fun. We want to encourage reading. We want to provide you with another opportunity to connect with others who are interested in reading and learning.
Book: Mission Black List #1: The Inside Story of the Search for Saddam Hussein –As Told by the Soldier Who Masterminded his capture.
The link below is an interview of Eric Maddox and pairs well with the book, as the book details the story of the capture of Saddam Hussein but the interview covers aspects not covered in the book and discusses a key topic most can improve on…….listening.
Get the book
Meeting frequency: We will attempt to meet every other month in 2021, Starting in February.
Book list: We plan to have an ongoing list so you can prepare ahead of time, or procrastinate indefinitely 😊. We will finalize the initial 3 books at our November meeting and their order. From that point on we'll add one book each meeting, decided upon by the group, so you'll always know the upcoming books.
Books to be considered in November for 2021
- Alchemy: The Dark Art and Curious Science of Creating Magic in Brands, Business and Life – Rory Sutherland
- Atomic Habits – James Clear
- Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right – Atul Gawande
- Capital Returns: Investing Through the Capital Cycle – Ed Chancellor
- Demon of Our Own Design – Richard Bookstaber
- The Technologized Investor: Innovation Through Reorientation – Ashby H.B. Monk
- Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World – Jack Weatherford
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership – John Maxwell