The CFA Society New Zealand Associate Membership is focussed on ethics in the finance industry, with ethics training formed from the CFA Program.
Benefits of being an Associate Member
- An ethics-focussed membership aligned with the globally recognised CFA brand
- Become a member of the CFA Society New Zealand community
- Special Associate Member events
- Ongoing online ethics training
- A point of professional difference within a competitive market. While Associate Members are not entitled to have ‘CFA’ after their name, being an Associate Member shows your commitment to putting clients’ needs first.
- The online training must be completed every two years.
- The training consists of six modules and includes videos and multiple-choice questions.
- The modules are formed from the CFA Program, adapted for the New Zealand market.
- Strategi provides the online Radar platform used for the training.
- Each module takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete.
Associate Members are members of CFA Society New Zealand, not CFA Institute. However Associate Members do benefit from being part of the wider CFA organisation:
- Integrity and standards - The renowned CFA Program establishes high standards in ethics, integrity and professional excellence.
- Insights and learning - The Institute is respected for its research and contributions to the finance industry.
- Community - CFA has a global network of over 150,000 members in 165 countries and regions.
CFA Society New Zealand
Be part of a strong local finance and investment community and enjoy professional support.
- Events - Associate Members enjoy discounted, and sometimes free, access to high quality events. These include presentations, networking, workshops and our annual Forecast Dinner.
- Resources - Through our newsletter, website and social media channels we share the quality information provided by CFA Institute.
- People - The Board of CFA Society NZ is made up of dedicated finance professionals. A key role of the society is connecting members.
- Standard membership $250 (+GST)
- Radar subscribers $220 (+GST) Radar is the online platform used for the training modules
- Special pricing is available for 10 or more applications, please enquire
How to become an Associate member
Applicants need to:
- Complete an Application Form
- Demonstrate at least two years of professional experience in the financial service sector and/or related industries such as consulting, academia or government. For this submit a CV or LinkedIn profile at the time of application.
- Live in New Zealand (this membership is applicable to New Zealand only).
- Successfully complete the online ethics training, biannually and within the allocated time.
- Submit a Professional Conduct Statement annually.
- Pay the annual subscription fee.
- Abide by the current CFA Society New Zealand Incorporated Rules.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of Radar*; the online platform used for the ethics training.
- Agree to receive emailed correspondence from CFA Society NZ.
- Authorise the investigation of all statements made and information provided with respect to their application.
Download the Associate Membership Brochure
Download the full Associate Membership Information Pack