CFA Desert Classic Research Challenge
Target Company: Western Alliance Bancorporation
Participating CFA Societies:
- Phoenix (Host City)
- New Mexico
- Arizona State University
- University of Arizona
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Northern Arizona University
- University of New Mexico
Schedule for 2016 – 2017
- September 30th, 2016: Official Kickoff Meeting with students and faculty
- Universities/ faculty liaisons introduce concept, form student teams
- October 14th, 2016 10AM-12PM: Subject company meeting at Western Alliance Bancorporation.
- October 17th, 2016: Student Registration on CFA Institute Research Challenge Website.
- Videos found on the webcast tab of this website:
- Research Challenge Educational Resources and past presentations
- How to Write a Research Report - A Buy Side Perspective
- How to Write a Research Report - A Sell Side Perspective
- January, 6th, 2017: University
teams of 3 - 5 must be finalized and registered. No changes to the team composition are
allowed past this date
- January 20th, 2017 11:59 MST: Deadline for submission of written research reports. Reports must be e-mailed to Tyler Schlumpf, CFA and Mike Schoppet, CFA (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) before this deadline.
- Graded papers are returned back to the student teams
- February 16th, 2017: Oral presentation to panel of judges. This is the local CFA Institute Research Challenge final.
- Americas Regional Competition: April 6th and 7th, 2017 in Seattle, Washington
- Global finals: April 28th, 2017 in Prague, Czech Republic.