Join CFA Society Portland and CFA Society Seattle for an Investment Trustee / Board Member Educational Webinar Series this fall.
Karen Harding, CFA
Deborah Kidd, CFA
- Continuing education provides a foundation for a trustee to engage in meaningful board discussions and make informed decisions.
- This three-part series will cover relevant and situational concepts and provide-best practice context.
- Three 90-minute webinars in September, October, and November will provide Trustees with knowledge and tools to make their jobs easier and more fulfilling.
Come with questions - this live webinar series will include ample time for participant questions on current challenges.
Sign up for Seminar 1 and gain access to the full series.
September 24, 2019 - Governance, Fiduciary Duty & the Investment Policy Statement.
- What expectations does a typical trustee operate with?
- Gain insight into multiple layers of good governance practices and applied fiduciary duty responsibilities
- What is good policy?
- Examine the building blocks of an effective Investment Policy Statement
- Better manage choices under uncertainty and across time with a hierarchy of investment objectives
October 15, 2019 - Asset Allocation, Manager Selection and Performance Review
- Explore how to set and review asset allocation decisions
- What questions to ask and what to look for in a quarterly investment report
- Effectively monitor [the delegation of] manager selection and performance review.
- Understand the drivers of investment performance and distinguish between luck and skill
November 19, 2019 - A Guide to Investing in Alternative Investments
- Assess opportunities and risk in Private Market Investments
- Evaluate an alternative investment quarterly report and understand the challenges inherent in subjective valuations and benchmarking
- Red flags and risk tolerance
- Tying it all together with Continuous Improvement
Is investment education certification important to you? Attendees will gain familiarity to concepts covered in the CFA Institute Investment Foundations core curriculum, integrated into each of the three webinars. Certification / examination can be completed through local testing centers