This interactive workshop is designed to put you into situations so you can learn exactly how ethics can play an often subtle role in everyday business decisions. Hand held electronic “response devices” are used to allow participants the opportunity to vote on the best course of action. Getting ethics right is more than simply adopting a code of conduct. There is a lot of room for error and interpretation when professionals are confronted with challenging situations. Employees must develop a framework for ethical decision making that allows them to protect client interests and their firm’s reputation. How? Case studies will get you talking and thinking actively about how ethics are present in your own daily work and how your understandings of ethics may differ from your colleagues. This workshop will help you:
• Make clear how your staff should recognize, interpret, and respond to questionable conduct.
• Begin conversations with employees about ethical gray areas in business practice.
• Determine your office culture of ethics and identify areas of confusion.
• Improve customer relationships, trust and confidence.
• Mitigate the risk of facing regulatory or reputational damage.
CFA Institute members will earn one Continuing Education Credit in the content area of Standards, Ethics, and Regulations (SER) for attending this event. In addition to Investment professionals, we also encourage Human Resources professionals to attend, as this event has been submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review. Upon approval, this event will qualify for HR Continuing Education credit.