Please join us as Brett Gallagher, Deputy Chief Investment Officer of Artio Global Management (formerly Julius Baer Investment Management), presents "The Global Economy: Worldwide Transformation" as he discusses:
- Going Global - Globalization has diminished the importance of country origin;
- The impact of globalization: Investors may not be there yet, but companies are;
- Expanding the opportunity set - Looking beyond traditional geographic borders and the perils of home country bias;
- US structural imbalances - Pressing on historic limits, US structural imbalances have led to recent market bubbles, continue to be a cause for caution, and a reason to look globally;
- Decadence all around - The prescription to repair imbalances may do more harm than good;
- How we got here - From the US government and Fed to intermediaries and market players, decadence from top to bottom has lead to several enabled bubbles and one more in the making;
- Call for Renaissance - Suggestions for repairing the imbalances are offered and what this means for investors is discussed.
Brett Gallagher joined Artio Investment Management in 1999 after serving as the Senior Investment Executive at Chase Manhattan Bank (Singapore) and the head of Private Client Investment Management for JP Morgan (Singapore). In addition, Brett spent four years at Bankers Trust Co., serving as Senior Portfolio Manager, Global Equity and three years as a Financial Analyst at Irwin Management Company.
Brett received both his MBA and Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of Virginia.
We look forward to seeing everyone on Aug. 14th! Please RSVP through evite.