Please join us for our February luncheon meeting with Ms. Jamie Ziegler, a CFA Institute provided speaker who will focus on "Best Practices of Top-Performing Investment Teams." This presentation will highlight key points from Ms. Ziegler's latest book, High Performing Investment Teams: How to Achieve Best Practices of Top Firms (Wiley, 2006). This is a CE credit event.
Investment professionals at all levels will benefit from Ms. Ziegler’s insights on leadership and culture in the industry. Based on her 25 years of experience as a research analyst, investment counselor, client services manager, chief marketing officer, and industry consultant, Ms. Ziegler will address:
- What can we learn from a study of over 100 global investment firms?
- Why are leadership and culture critical to long term success?
- How is culture defined and measured in an investment firm?
- How do you “hire for fit” as well as skills?
- What are the six building blocks of culture in the best firms?
- How can leaders attract and retain the best talent?
- Which firms exemplify winning cultures?
- What are the 7 behaviors practiced by top investment firms?
- How can portfolio managers use these findings to select the best stocks?
- What should plan sponsors and consultants understand about investment culture?
About Our Speaker
Ms. Jamie Ziegler is a principal with Focus Consulting Group, and specializes in helping investment leaders and teams achieve high levels of sustainable performance, with an emphasis on superior communications and world-class decision-making. She is co-author of High Performing Investment Teams (Wiley, 2006), a book on best practices of the top-performing investment firms. Previously, Jamie served for ten years as senior vice president of global marketing for Northern Trust Global Investments and for seven years as director of marketing/product management at Stein Roe & Farnham, Inc. She began her career as a mutual fund analyst and has co-authored books and other publications on mutual fund investing. She holds a BA in English from the University of Notre Dame and an MBA in Finance from DePaul University.
This is a GREAT topic provided by the CFA Institute. We will be meeting at the Plaza Club so we can accommodate a larger crowd than usual if needed and hope everyone will make this event! Please RSVP through the eVite notice or call Didi Weinblatt (210-498-4361).
PS - Our March luncheon meeting will take place on Wednesday, March 11th. Our speaker will be Stephen Horan who will be discussing the Private Wealth Initiative.