Jeff Matthews, Author, Blogger and Hedge Fund Manager, will discuss his “Pilgrimage to Warren Buffett’s Omaha: A Hedge Fund Manager’s Dispatches from Inside the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting”.
Non-members $25 THIS IS NOT A CE EVENT
Based on his visits to the famous “Woodstock for Capitalists” — the Berkshire annual meeting — as well as visits to Berkshire-owned Nebraska Furniture Mart and conversations with Berkshire executives, Jeff Matthews provides a front-row view of how the 78-year old Buffett and his partner, Charlie Munger have managed to grow Berkshire in 42 out of the last 43 years.
Mr. Matthews will address the following topics:
• What is Warren Buffett’s key personality trait that makes him so successful?
• What caused Buffett to declare financial derivatives “ticking time bombs” five years before the rest of the world became aware of their dangers?
• How has Buffett prepared Berkshire Hathaway for today’s financial crisis?
• What hidden weaknesses might lurk within Berkshire Hathaway after 43 years of Buffett’s management?
• What role has Charlie Munger -- “The Abominable No-Man” -- played in Berkshire’s success?
• Most importantly, will Berkshire survive without Warren Buffett?
Jeff Matthews has nearly 30 years experience on Wall Street, and has run his own hedge fund for 15 years. He started as an energy analyst at Merrill Lynch in 1979, moved into the consumer and technology fields as an analyst at several large investment firms, and founded his own hedge fund, Ram Partners LP, in 1994. His financial blog, JeffMatthewsIsNotMakingThisUp, was recommended by Barron’s in 2006 and has been featured in the Wall Street Journals Market Beat. His first book, “Pilgrimage to Warren Buffett’s Omaha,” was just published by McGraw-Hill. He also has an e-book coming out based on this last Berkshire Hathaway meeting – McGraw Hill’s first e-book.
Copies of Mr. Matthews' book will be available for purchase at the event.