Date: 14 November 2018, Wednesday
Time: 12pm to 2pm (Registration and Lunch starts at 12pm; Talk begins at 12.30pm)
Venue: TKP Conference Centre, Conference Room 2, 55 Market Street, #03-01, Singapore 048941
Speaker: Professor David L. Yermack
This presentation will describe the structure and importance of the blockchain, a new record-keeping technology that supports Bitcoin and other crytpo currencies. Blockchains represent a significant advance in data security and have become the focus of major investments by banks, stock exchanges, insurance companies, and other parts of the financial services industry. Important applications also are emerging in industries as diverse as healthcare, shipping, luxury goods, and many others, and especially in government. Prof. Yermack introduced the first university course in the world on this topic at New York University in 2014, and he will discuss the basics and this technology and will highlight the most important applications now being implemented worldwide.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
•Registration will only be confirmed upon receipt of the registration form and full payment.
•No cash payment will be accepted for on-site registration.
•If any registered participant is unable to attend, a replacement is welcome, but a top-up may apply depending on the
membership category of the replacement participant. However, no refund would be made.
•CFA Society Singapore reserves the right to:
* cancel, postpone or make any changes to the terms of the event at its sole discretion without giving any prior notice;
* reject any registrations;
* collect payment shortfall in accordance to the actual membership status of participants.
• By signing and submitting this form, I / we consent to CFA Society Singapore collecting, using, disclosing and processing my / our personal data :
(1) for purposes related to the administration of the registration for the above event;
(2) to send me updates informing me / us of events and activities organized by CFA Society Singapore.
*I understand that my personal data will be used and retained in accordance with the CFA Society Singapore Personal Data Policy available at www.cfasingapore.org
GLOBAL PASSPORT PROGRAMME
The Global Passport Program allows members of participating CFA societies to attend each other's society events at the local member price