** CLICK HERE TO REGISTER**
Date: 14 January 2019, Monday
Time: 12pm to 2pm (Registration and Lunch starts at 12pm; Talk begins at 12.30pm)
Venue: SMU School of Law, Seminar Room 2.04, 55 Armenian Street, Singapore 179943
Speaker: Tamim Bayoumi
Unfinished Business, an FT economics book of the year that explores the origins of the 2008 financial crisis. Starting from the question “how did the world get itself into a position where the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers, a medium-sized US investment bank, could trigger a US and European financial crisis and a global recession?”, Unfinished Business traces from the 1980s on the regulatory and philosophical errors that allowed the US and European financial systems to gradually become increasingly fragile. This culminated in the early 2000s in key regulatory mistakes that allowed the two systems to become parasitically intertwined, creating a dynamic that made a devastating financial crisis in the North Atlantic almost inevitable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
•Registration will only be confirmed upon receipt of the registration form and full payment.
•No cash payment will be accepted for on-site registration.
•If any registered participant is unable to attend, a replacement is welcome, but a top-up may apply depending on the membership category of the replacement participant. However, no refund would be made.
•CFA Society Singapore reserves the right to:
* cancel, postpone or make any changes to the terms of the event at its sole discretion without giving any prior notice;
* reject any registrations;
* collect payment shortfall in accordance to the actual membership status of participants.
• By signing and submitting this form, I / we consent to CFA Society Singapore collecting, using, disclosing and processing my / our personal data :
(1) for purposes related to the administration of the registration for the above event;
(2) to send me updates informing me / us of events and activities organized by CFA Society Singapore.
*I understand that my personal data will be used and retained in accordance with the CFA Society Singapore Personal Data Policy available at www.cfasingapore.org
GLOBAL PASSPORT PROGRAMME
The Global Passport Program allows members of participating CFA societies to attend each other's society events at the local member price