The advent of the $ 100 billion mega funds such as Softbank necessitates a strong understanding of private equity and deal structuring for all players in the financial eco-system, including the staff of sovereign wealth funds. Besides fund managers, small, growing companies, as well as established corporates need private equity or venture capital to fund their growth strategies. Private equity is now intricately linked to mergers and acquisition and buyout transactions in complex ways. For example, a small firm can now acquire a much larger firm.
This practical course is presented from three standpoints: Firstly, from the point of view of private equity funds, secondly, from the standpoint of companies and entrepreneurs who are seeking private equity and venture capital and thirdly on deal structuring solutions. Case studies of private equity transactions in China and other Asian countries like India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan and Singapore will be used. A case study on Softbank's investment strategy will be reviewed.
The Master class will cover several deal structuring techniques relating to private equity, venture capital and buyout deals. Deal structuring issues and solutions will be illustrated and discussed for various stages and components of private equity transactions. Deal structuring diagrams will be used to maximize clarity of understanding.
- Understand how private equity and venture capital funds are established;
- Master the operations of private equity and venture capital funds and how value is added;
- Understand deal structuring techniques
- Appreciate how entrepreneurs and companies raise private equity and venture capital;
- Grasp the logic and underlying principles of private equity and venture capital valuation;
- Understand buyouts and leveraged buyouts, their use and structuring;
- Learn how to invest in, or sell distressed assets;
- Understand private equity trends and deal structures in China, India & South-East Asia.
This workshop is eligible for 14 CE and CPD hours.
CFA Society Singapore member price : S$1,580* (Early Bird fee) / S$1,780*(Standard fee)
Non-member price : S$1,780* (Early Bird fee) / S$1,980* (Standard fee)
Early bird fee valid till 1 April 2019
* Prices before 7% GST
* 10% off Group Discount available