If you are keen to be more effective in problem solving, decision making, or strategic thinking, this is a course for you.
What separates the effective from the less effective professional is clear: the ability to think critically and competently. Simply put, the individual who can think fast and well has a lot more mental resources to achieve higher performance than his peers who lack good thinking skills. According to researchers and business professionals, this is true for almost any field including engineering, retail, law enforcement, finance, and so on.
There is no doubt that good thinking skills are crucial for personal and professional excellence. When you are armed with critical thinking tools, many benefits inevitably follow. For example, you will know how to identify thinking flaws, differentiate between good and bad suggestions, communicate persuasively, manage difficult people or circumstances, and more.
In this program the trainer will highlight some of the (very) common reasoning flaws, as well as ways to overcome them. Accordingly, he will illustrate some examples of good vs. bad thinking that occur at the workplace, and the consequences of them at the individual and organizational levels.
- Know what critical thinking is really all about
- Learn and acquire essential critical thinking techniques and frameworks
- Avoid common thinking biases and flaws
- Know how critical thinking can enable us to be more effective in decision making, strategic thinking, problem solving, and more
Method and Approach
- Interesting and insightful thinking experiments
- Case studies (of good vs. bad thinking)
- Emphasis is largely on the applications of critical thinking concepts in real-life situations.
Gains and Benefits
- More tools or skills to think more critically (and hence, effectively)
- Able to avoid common thinking flaws and inefficiencies
- Able to use critical thinking skills to influence, persuade, communicate, and innovate
- Able to outsmart (and outwit) others with more effective thinking skills!
- Able to think with more savvy and competence
- And more!
CFA Society Singapore member price : S$1,580* (Early Bird fee) / S$1,780*(Standard fee)
Non-member price : S$1,780* (Early Bird fee) / S$1,980* (Standard fee)
Early bird fee valid till 14 August 2019
* Prices before 7% GST
* 10% off Group Discount available
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
•Registration will only be confirmed upon receipt of the registration form and full payment.
•No cash payment will be accepted for on-site registration.
•If any registered participant is unable to attend, a replacement is welcome, but a top-up may apply depending on the
membership category of the replacement participant. However, no refund would be made.
•CFA Society Singapore reserves the right to:
* cancel, postpone or make any changes to the terms of the event at its sole discretion without giving any prior notice;
* reject any registrations;
* collect payment shortfall in accordance to the actual membership status of participants.
• By signing and submitting this form, I / we consent to CFA Society Singapore collecting, using, disclosing and processing my / our personal data :
(1) for purposes related to the administration of the registration for the above event;
(2) to send me updates informing me / us of events and activities organized by CFA Society Singapore.
*I understand that my personal data will be used and retained in accordance with the CFA Society Singapore Personal Data Policy available at www.cfasingapore.org
*Kinldy note that photographs and video may be taken during the event for use on our website, newsletter, social media, publicity and other related purposes by CFA Society Singapore.
GLOBAL PASSPORT PROGRAMME
The Global Passport Program allows members of participating CFA societies to attend each other's society events at the local member price