28 October 2020
Trainer: Mr. Tariq Dennison
This workshop is eligible for 7 CE hours
intense one-day workshop focused on building a practical, actionable
understanding of the diverse and growing world of exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
Global ETF assets have grown exponentially in recent years, from less than
US$1.5 trillion in 2010 to over US$6.4 trillion in 2020, and now track not only
stock market benchmarks, but fixed income, frontier markets, and a variety of active strategies,
including hedge fund strategies.
workshop begins with a high level overview of the mechanics of ETF setup,
management, and trading. Second, we survey the world covered by ETFs across
asset classes and strategies. Next, we cover some key concepts,
features, pitfalls, and misconceptions about ETF liquidity, usage, and
international taxation. Finally, we wrap up with several practical examples of
ETF portfolios for different kinds of investors, and how these portfolios
compare with traditional fund portfolios or direct index
benchmarks used by the world’s top pension funds.
Course Outline :
• Understand what ETFs are, how they work, and what problems they solve
• Become familiar with the global markets and asset classes that can be traded or allocated to with ETFs
• Examine best practices and mistakes in ETF trading, liquidity, and managing international taxation
• Practice constructing and testing actual ETF portfolios against "traditional funds"
CFA Society Singapore member price : S$780* per module (Early Bird fee) / S$880* per module (Standard fee)
Non-member price : S$880* per module (Early Bird fee) / S$980* per module (Standard fee)
Early bird fee valid till 30 September 2020
* Prices before 7% GST
* 10% Group Discount (For more than 3 pax)
Kindly send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for any enquiries.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
•Registration will only be confirmed upon receipt of the registration form and full payment.
•No cash payment will be accepted for on-site registration.
•If any registered participant is unable to attend, a replacement is welcome, but a top-up may apply depending on the
membership category of the replacement participant. However, no refund would be made.
•CFA Society Singapore reserves the right to:
* cancel, postpone or make any changes to the terms of the event at its sole discretion without giving any prior notice;
* reject any registrations;
* collect payment shortfall in accordance to the actual membership status of participants.
• By signing and submitting this form, I / we consent to CFA Society Singapore collecting, using, disclosing and processing my / our personal data :
(1) for purposes related to the administration of the registration for the above event;
(2) to send me updates informing me / us of events and activities organized by CFA Society Singapore.
*I understand that my personal data will be used and retained in accordance with the CFA Society Singapore Personal Data Policy available at www.cfasingapore.org
*Kinldy note that photographs and video may be taken during the event for use on our website, newsletter, social media, publicity and other related purposes by CFA Society Singapore.
GLOBAL PASSPORT PROGRAMME
The Global Passport Program allows members of participating CFA societies to attend each other's society events at the local member price