***CLICK HERE TO REGISTER***
Co-organised By: Supported By:
Date: 6 March 2019, Wednesday
Time: 12pm to 2pm (Registration and lunch starts at 12pm; Talk begins at 12.30pm)
Venue: Capital Tower, The Brain Room (Level 9), 168 Robinson Road, Singapore 068912
Speaker: Richard Harris
"Behaving Correctly; controlling those inner urges".
The topic of Behavioural Finance has become increasing relevant in a world driven by liquidity, teenage scribblers and colluding traders. It received big exposure in 2013 with the award of the Nobel Prize in Economics to Professors Farma, Schiller and Hansen. The headline theories of the first two seemed diametrically opposed - one illustrating the efficiency of the markets and the other irrational exuberance. With the dominance of ETF's and the reduction of market liquidity, behavioural questions are more important than ever – especially just what information is discounted in prices?
This talk has been especially directed towards a wider audience because everybody is affected by their investing emotions. Warren Buffet said, "You don't need to be a rocket scientist. Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beats the guy with 130." Investing well is a matter of self-control and behavioural finance studies enable us to see when emotion is taking over from self-control. Attendee investors will be able to tick off their emotional buttons and learn how they can resist pressing them.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
•Registration will only be confirmed upon receipt of the registration form and full payment.
•No cash payment will be accepted for on-site registration.
•If any registered participant is unable to attend, a replacement is welcome, but a top-up may apply depending on the
membership category of the replacement participant. However, no refund would be made.
•CFA Society Singapore reserves the right to:
* cancel, postpone or make any changes to the terms of the event at its sole discretion without giving any prior notice;
* reject any registrations;
* collect payment shortfall in accordance to the actual membership status of participants.
• By signing and submitting this form, I / we consent to CFA Society Singapore collecting, using, disclosing and processing my / our personal data :
(1) for purposes related to the administration of the registration for the above event;
(2) to send me updates informing me / us of events and activities organized by CFA Society Singapore.
*I understand that my personal data will be used and retained in accordance with the CFA Society Singapore Personal Data Policy available at www.cfasingapore.org
GLOBAL PASSPORT PROGRAMME
The Global Passport Program allows members of participating CFA societies to attend each other's society events at the local member price.