University Outreach Committee
Simon Ng, CFA / Jack Wang, CFA Overview
The CFA Society Singapore University Outreach Committee was established by CFA Society Singapore in 2007. Its role as its name implies is to reach out to Singapore's academic institutions of higher learning and act as a bridge for the set of next generation of leaders in the financial industry and facilitate their entry into the CFA program and the industry. Mission / Objectives
The Committee's mission is to:
- Raise the level of awareness and interest in the CFA charter and programs through active and regular engagements via career talks and CFA information sessions;
- To actively promote and organize the Investment Research Challenge with local universities, especially with universities under the CFA Program Partners or University Recognition Program;
- To administer the Society's bursary, gold medal/book prize and scholarship programs;
- To be one of the liaison between the Society and Academia.
- To improve understanding of the financial industry and share practical knowledge with members and university students through organizing industry talks by leading financial professionals.
The Committee will focus on initiatives falling within the above criteria and arrange events and opportunities for members to participate in as guest speakers, panellists, mentors, judges, etc. Scope / Processes
The Committee may invite individuals as working group members as needed, independent of Committee membership.
correct as of 1 August 2018