CFA Society South Africa is an affiliate of CFA Institute (USA). In our mission to promote global-best-practice, CFA Society South Africa supports the CFA Code of Conduct & Standards of Practice and the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program.
- Self-study, distance learning
- Rigorous curriculum
- Broad range of topics
- Highest ethical standards
- 18 study sessions delivered in CFA Institute produced custom curriculum.
- Learning outcome statements (LOS): "The candidate should be able to…"
- Each LOS indicate type of learning expected: "discuss, calculate, contrast"
- CFA Institute updates the curriculum each year
- mastering LOS is a proven study approach.
- Level I Exam (December 2020 - last paper written exam / February, May, August and November) - Computer based
- Level II & III Exam (June)
What will you learn?
The curriculum is organized into 10 general topic areas that provide a framework for making investment decisions
- Ethical and Professional Standards
- Quantitative Methods
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Equity Investments
- Fixed-Income Investments
- Alternative Investments
- Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning