Boca Country Club
17751 Boca Club Blvd
Boca Raton, FL 33487
Lockheed Martin: Largest Defense Contractor in the World
Please join us Wednesday, March 9 for filet mignon dinner and a presentation by Jerry Kircher of Lockheed Martin.
Dinner: Filet Mignon (alternative available upon prior request).
Lockheed Martin is the largest defense contractor in the world…with approximately 60% of annual revenues from the Department of Defense. It generates the remaining 40% of revenues from work with other Civil Government agencies such as the Air Traffic Administration, NASA, Homeland Security, Department of Justice, Department of Energy and Intelligence Agencies.
The corporation specializes in providing leading edge technologies in Aeronautics, Missile Defense, Electronic Systems, Space, and Information Technology solutions.
Lockheed Martin is viewed as the “Gold Standard” in the Aerospace & Defense sector for:
Their portfolio of programs are exceptionally well aligned with the strategic priorities of customers and is supported by their record backlog level of over $82 billion for future authorized work. This domestic stability, coupled with an expanding international content, have the corporation well positioned for the future.
Jerry F. Kircher IIIVice President - Investor RelationsLockheed Martin Corporation
Jerry Kircher is the Vice President of Investor Relations for Lockheed Martin Corporation, a role he has performed since 2006. His areas of responsibility include development and execution of the corporate communication strategy with shareholders and financial analysts; interpretation and analysis of stock performance; valuation of Lockheed Martin compared to the aerospace/defense industry and overall market indices; and internal reporting and feedback to Executive Management on stock performance, valuation trends, corporate governance issues, and shareholder composition.
Jerry joined the Corporation in 1980 as a Senior Financial Analyst at Electronics & Missiles in Orlando, Florida. Between 1980 to 1986, he served in various Program Finance and Financial Planning roles at Orlando and Ocala facilities before advancing to the role of Assistant Controller of the Electronics, Information and Missiles Group in 1986.
In 1989, Jerry transferred to Corporate Headquarters as Director of Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis, a position he held through 1997. In 1998, he was appointed Vice President, Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis and continued to support activities related to acquisitions and mergers, Long Range Planning, and coordination with Investor Relations.
In 2003, Jerry transferred from Corporate Headquarters to become the Chief Financial Officer of Mission Systems in Gaithersburg, Maryland. In late 2003, he was named Vice President & Controller of the Integrated Systems & Solutions business area, a role he served in until 2006 and the transition into his current role as head of Investor Relations for the Corporation.
Jerry has over 30 years financial experience in the industry and has continually been recognized as a top ranked Investor Relations officer by Institutional Investor magazine…with his most recent award recognition as the Number # 1 IR professional in 2013 for Aerospace & Defense Electronics as voted from Buy-Side investors.
CFA Society South Florida has determined that this program qualifies for 1 CE credit hour(s) under the guidelines of the CFA Institute Continuing Education Program. If you are a CFA Institute member, CE credit for your participation in this program will be automatically recorded in your CE tracking tool.