- 5:00 PM Networking
- 6:00 PM Dinner and Presentation begin
Topic: Stock Market Outlook
- Global central bank support and corporate fundamentals have underpinned equity markets
- U.S.: Slower corporate profit growth and softer GDP expansion
- U.S.: Candidate positions and implications for global trade
- China: Excess capacity and declining real GDP growth
- Japan: Earnings are stable, reform tailwind fading
- Europe: Earnings per share growth tops out
James Swanson, CFA, is an investment officer and chief investment strategist of MFS Investment Management® (MFS®). He is also a fixed income portfolio manager.
James offers his insights and perspective on the markets and the economy to MFS clients around the world through in-person meetings, his Strategist’s Corner online column and
a blog launched in 2011. He is a frequent guest commentator on the markets on CNBC, Fox Business and Bloomberg Television and is often quoted in leading national and financial
publications, including the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times and Investor’s Business Daily.
James joined MFS in 1985. He was named fixed income strategist in 2001 and chief investment strategist in 2004.
He is a graduate of Colgate University and the Harvard Business School. James holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
Our portfolio managers are supported by our entire team of investment professionals in nine worldwide offices. The team employs a proprietary investment process to build better
insights for our clients. The core principles of our approach are integrated research, global collaboration and active risk management.