One course split over 3 nights:
8/6/2019 9 PM - 11:30 PM
8/7/2019 9 PM - 11:30 PM
8/8/2019 9 PM - 11:30 PM
Course Curriculum and Contact Information
- Post course: 90 days access to the recorded version of the training so you can replay as often as needed to fully understand the concepts
- 90 days of Cognitir support for questions and concept clarification.
- Receive relevant and practical weekly resources that will help you on the job
Python is a high-level, object-oriented programming language that is used in a variety of projects ranging from data science and machine learning to backend web development. In fact, it is one of the most in-demand programming languages today.
Learning Python is a great entry point into the technical world as the syntax is much easier to learn compared to other programming languages. Because of its syntax simplicity, Python is a common first programming language for business and finance individuals.
But, do not be misinformed though! Just because Python has easier syntax does not make it any less powerful compared to other languages. Many of the world’s tech majors use Python as part of their technical ecosystems.
This hands-on introductory course teaches students foundational Python concepts and how to use Python’s popular libraries to complete various technical tasks. Students are presented with Python coding challenges throughout the day to test their understanding of the material. The course culminates with a challenging in-class coding project where students apply concepts taught in the course to create a game.
Attendees may use a PC or Mac to access slides and other resources we provide for the class.
What This Course Offers
- A solid Python foundation
- Hands-on Python programming experience
- Introduction to GUIs
- Overview of different development environments
- Overview of popular Python libraries
- Course notes, certificate of completion, and post-seminar email support for 90 days
- An engaging and practical training approach with a qualified instructor with relevant technical, business, and educational experiences
Who Is This Course For:
This course is relevant for finance and business professionals who want to gain a hands-on introduction to Python.
About the Instructor, Gaby Agrocostea
Experienced Data Scientist with a demonstrated history of working in the financial services industry. Skilled in Big Data Analytics, Machine learning, Python, R, SQL, Apache Spark, Big Data, and Algorithms. Strong information technology professional with a Master’s Degree focused in Data Sciences from Columbia Engineering.