CFA Society South Florida, Inc. (the Society), is a non-profit member organization dedicated to the highest standards of professional competence and integrity in the financial professions. The Society, founded in 1971, serves the investment community and its members by promoting active participation in the Society and by providing useful tools to advance personal and professional development among members.
The Society serves members living and working in South Florida, ranging generally from Ft. Lauderdale to Jupiter and is one of more than 140 CFA Institute affiliated professional societies in 150 countries and territories throughout the world. Our current membership consists of over 350 investment professionals, including members from bank trust departments, mutual funds, independent investment advisors, and other buy-side oriented financial professionals. As affiliates of the CFA Institute, we are part of a family of more than 135,000 members in 150 countries and territories, including the world’s 120,000 CFA charterholders.
- Be the leading local association for investment professionals.
- Create a highly effective interactive communication system to gain a better understanding of and respond to member and Society needs.
- Deliver timely and relevant educational events and opportunities.
- Define, develop and pursue strategic alliances with internal and external entities to meet member needs and strengthen the Society’s role as an association for its members.
- Actively advocate members’ interests.
- The CFA Society of South Florida is a 501(c)(6) tax-exempt educational and service organization for members
- Founded and incorporated in 1971 as the Financial Analysts Society of Miami, covering Miami-Dade, Broward, Collier, Monroe, Palm Beach, Martin, and St. Lucie counties
- Changed name to Financial Analysts Society of South Florida (FASSF) in 1980 to reflect majority of membership outside Miami
- Miami group formed a separate chapter in 1990 and formally split off into the (new) Miami Society in July, 1993
- Naples split off and formed separate Society in January, 1997
- FASSF renamed CFA Society of South Florida on June 14, 2005
- Operates under a fiscal year that begins July 1 and ends June 30
- Serves over 350 financial professionals in South Florida ranging generally from Fort Lauderdale to Fort Pierce