Schedule for 2020 - 2021
Late September 2020:
- Universities/liaison's introduce concept to university participants
- Registration will be open at CFA Institute's website. The link to registration will be sent out to the University Teams.
- A university contact (the faculty member responsible for the team) submitted to John and/or Sharon
- Utilize resources available for University Teams on CFA Institute's website
November - December 2020:
Early November - Target Company announced - CARRIAGE SERVICES (CSV)
- December 4 - Official KICK-OFF
- December 4 - University teams of 3 - 5 selected
December 18 - Selected teams should receive the
research report template
December 18 - University teams must be registered on CFA Institute's website
- Mentors assigned to teams; please let us know if you would like to have someone assigned
- Teams submit questions for management of target company to Coordinators for CFA Institute Research Challenge - Southwest US
- Mid January - Company
management presents to students VIRTUALLY; this event is the only chance to
interact with management.
- Two weeks before written reports are due - Any team member substitutes must register on CFA Institute's Challenge site.
- February 7 - Final reports will need to be submitted to
CFA Institute Research Challenge - Southwest U.S. Challenge for evaluation by graders by 5pm.
February 16 - the eight (8) finalist teams will be announced by noon.
- February 27 - Final oral presentations will be held Virtually on Saturday, February 27.
March - April 2021:
- Sub Regionals (South Central U.S.).
- Regionals (North and South America)
- Global Finals following the America's Regional competition.