Schedule for 2019 - 2020
Late September 2019:
- Universities/liaison's introduce concept to university participants
- Registration will be open at CFA Institute's website. The link to registration will be sent out to the University Teams.
- A university contact (the faculty member responsible for the team) submitted to John and/or Sharon
- Utilize resources available for University Teams on CFA Institute's website
November - December 2019:
November 15 - Target Company Announcement
- December 2 - Official KICK-OFF
- December 2 - University teams of 3 - 5 selected
December 2 - Selected teams should receive the
research report template
December 16 - University teams must be registered on CFA Institute's website
- Mentors assigned to teams; please let us know if you would like to have someone assigned
- Teams submit questions for management of target company to Coordinators for CFA Institute Research Challenge - Southwest US
- Mid January - Company
management presents to students at a local university; this event is the only chance to
interact with management. You may attend in person or via the internet
- Two weeks before written reports are due - Any team member substitutes must register on CFA Institute's Challenge site.
- February 3 - Final reports will need to be submitted to
CFA Institute Research Challenge - Southwest U.S. Challenge for evaluation by graders by noon.
February 12 - the ten (10) finalist teams will be announced by noon.
- February 22 - Final oral presentations occur at TIPS. TIPS will be held on Saturday, February 22 at Rice University.
- Regionals (North and South America) in New York City in April.
- Global Finals also in New York City the day following the America's Regional competition.