Speed Reading & Memory Techniques
For Financial Professionals
September 13, 2018
Too much to read? Not enough time?
There is no greater skill than the ability to get through information quickly, and remember it.
Regardless of whether you are a student, a working professional, or simply a lifelong learner, your ability to keep up with information is quickly becoming an essential skill in need of constant improvement and fine-tuning.
Customized to the type of reading material financial professionals are dealing with on a daily basis, you will learn how to:
- Increase your reading speed using practical techniques
- Improve comprehension with better focus & concentration
- Approach technical material & analytical reading more effectively
- Recall information quickly using specific memory techniques
- Read faster on the computer screen and other digital devices
- Measure your reading speed
- Speed reading fundamentals
- Changing old reading habits
- Drills & exercises to improve speed
- Reading faster on the computer
- How to improve comprehension
- The IRIS method for effective reading
- How to remember more of what you read
- How to memorize vital information
- How to continue improving your speed
- Final speed assessment
- Note-taking strategies
- How to deal with charts & diagrams
- How to manage a high volume of reading
- How to apply the 80/20 principle to reading
In addition, participants will receive access to supplemental materials, web-based tools and practice guides post workshop.
Paul Nowak is the Founder of Iris Reading, the largest provider of speed-reading and memory training. His workshops have been taught to thousands of students and professionals in major cities throughout the world.
Paul has been a guest speaker at universities that include Harvard, Stanford and the University of Chicago. His training programs have also been taught to executives at NASA, Google, Fidelity, Northern Trust, GIC, Temasek, among a number of other financial organizations, private equity firms and Sovereign Wealth Funds.
September 13, 2018
Sutton Place Hotel
845 Burrard Street
7:30 am - 8:30 am Registration (light breakfast)
8:00 am - 12:00 pm Workshop
1:30 pm - 2:00 pm Registration (light food options)
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm Workshop
Members $150 (including candidate members)